Dora Martinez Castañon
Physical & Mailing Address
200 E. 7th Avenue, Ste. 119
Zapata, TX 78076
District clerks are called on to assure that the affairs of the district courts are maintained objectively with the full confidence of judicial authorities.
The Texas Government Code states the duties and powers of the clerk of the district court: "The clerk of the District Court has custody of and shall carefully maintain and arrange the records relating to or lawfully deposited in the clerk's office."
The district clerk shall:
- Record the acts and proceedings of the district court;
- Enter all judgments of the court under the direction of the judge;
- Record all executions issued and the returns issued on the executions;
- Process passport applications;
- Administer child support payments;
- Administer trust accounts for minors ordered by the courts;
- Keep an index of the parties to all suits filed in the court, and make reference to any judgment made in the case; and
- Keep an account of all funds collected by the office, by way of fines and fees, and the amount due jurors in district court for service.
The District Clerk's Office is located on the 1st floor of the Zapata County Courthouse.
|Court Orders of Nondisclosure|
|Overview of Nondisclosure|
|Instructions for Completing Form|
|Petition for Order of Nondisclosure|
|Order of Nondisclosure|
Child Support Program of the Office of the Attorney General.
Court of Appeals serving Zapata County.