Zapata County Cemetery Plot Policy
- If you want to purchase a plot that has already been reserved, Zapata County requires a letter from the party holding the reservation acknowledging their release of said plot. This letter must clearly identify the plot and their intention to release said plot. The reservation holder must also clearly sign their name to the letter.
- Anyone holding a reservation for a cemetery plot must make arrangements to purchase said plot within ninety (90) days from the time of reservation. If arrangements for payment are not made within that time frame, Zapata County has the right to release said reservation and make available for purchase to others.
- If payment arrangements are made but not completed within the ninety (90) days, Zapata County will release plot reservation and return any funds which had been paid to the County for said reservation.
- Zapata County will not be responsible for any natural damages such as tomb stones sinking, soil erosion, dirt filling, monument leveling, etc.
- If more than one plot is reserved and only one has been paid no type of improvements can be made to unpaid plots. No concrete slabs, fencing, landscaping to unpaid plots.
- Limitation of number of plots to be reserved no more than four and must be paid within 90 days.